Bega Special Tools
Bega Special Tools was founded in 1978 and is the manufacturer and distributor of the BETEX range of Special Tools for safe, cost effective mounting and dismounting of bearings and transmission parts. These tools are used in production and maintenance departments throughout MRO and OEM Industries. Bega exports to over 60 countries and to every type of Industry with specialist solutions for the Wind, Rail, Mining and Steel industry. Their Special Tools are designed to improve the quality of maintenance and installation operations, delivering full lifecycle improvements in rotating machinery.
Whilst offering both Industry and Application specific tools, the BETEX range also includes a suite of standard, off the shelf items providing solutions for all common maintenance practices.
- Induction Heaters and Tools for mounting of cylindrical assemblies.
- Hydraulic and Mechanical Tools for dismounting of cylindrical assemblies.
- Hydraulic Tools and accessories for all Industrial applications.
- Alignment and Condition Monitoring tools.
Dismounting a train wheel with a combination of the HXPM100 and oil pressure.
In this example a train wheel is removed utilising a combination of oil pressure and hydraulic pulling force. A high pressure pump (UHAP2800 Ultra) is used to create an oil film between the axle shaft and train wheel. In the first instance, oil is fed under high pressure into the wheel bore and axle. Next, a hydraulic puller (HXPM 100ton) is applied. Due to the film of oil between the two components the wheel is effectively "floating" and pulling it off the axle is now an easy task. This is achieved without incurring any damage to shaft or wheel bore. This method is fast, efficient and practical to use in all workshops involved in the maintenance of rolling stock, locomotives, trains and trams.
Induction heating - the energy saving alternative.
Induction heating is an efficient, swift and controlled method of heating. It is a safe and environmentally friendly alternative for traditional heating methods such as ovens, oil baths or blow torches. These methods can cause smoke, fumes or oil waste and are hazardous to both the environment and individual health and safety.
Choose from a wide range of Standard and Turbo models. The New Generation TURBO heaters have the additional advantage of low energy consumption combined with a high output. Bega induction heaters are incredibly versatile and can also be used for the heating of gear wheels, bushes, couplings etc. Controlled induction heating prevents unnecessary damage, can retain original pre-lubrication and is ideal for use on sealed or shielded bearings. In addition, correct mounting typically extends a bearings operational life span.
Digital electronics provide optimal control during the heating process and automatically select the most efficient power supply to ensure balanced and rapid heating as part of a single stage process. Linear heating prevents discoloration or pitting of material often associated with less controlled, aggressive forms of heating.
- Robust designs suitable for harsh Industrial environments.
- Microprocessor controlled electronics prevent over-heating and explosive heating of component.
- Unique easy-to-use swivel arm.
- No preheating necessary.
- 3 year warranty on electronic unit.
- Maintenance free.
- Suitable for continuous working in manufacturing / assembly environments.
- Automatic demagnetisation & power reduction.
- Broad range, encompassing a wide variety of applications.
- Meet CE and IEC requirements.
- Certified by TUV Rheinland to CSA and UL standard.